Archive for the ‘Food Porn’ Category
At first glance this post may appear to have nothing to do with travel, revolutions or humanitarian work — but it does. Those of you who have spent time with me know that no matter where I go and what I do, I always manage to shoot food porn.
When I put all my food pix together, I saw that it’s an uncomplicated way of revisiting all the places I called “home” this year (too many). It also documents the erosion of my diet since leaving a steady life in one place, as well as my failed attempt to eat meat after 20 years of being a vegetarian (have you ever tasted octopus or “souffle of Bambi?” I haven’t been missing anything, thanks).
If you think I eat too much of one thing or not enough of something else, feel free to let me know. So far, I’ve decided to cut back on coffee & desserts.
- Some photos from Misrata… stories to follow.
- The Boat to Misrata (Libya): Men’s quarters vs. Women’s quarters
- Why I had to visit Misrata (Libya).
- Greetings from Benghazi, Libya
- Just another day in Cairo…